Andrew Ward farms 1650 acres in Lincolnshire and has more than 25 years arable farming experience. He abandoned the plough 2002 adopting minimum tillage via the use of Simba equipment for all crop and soil types.
In 2008 he was awarded the prestigious title Arable Farmer of the Year with the judges commending his thorough knowledge of machinery costings and the cost of crop production.
In addition to running a highly successful farming operation Andrew;
- Hosted the Cereals Event in 2004 and 2008
- Is Chairman of the Lincolnshire Arable Benchmarking Group which is run with the help of The Arable Group (TAG)
- Represents and is an ambassador for Simba, hosting foreign visiting farmers
- Contributes regularly to the Lincs FM Farming Programme
- Serves on the HGCA Oilseeds Committee and was recently elected to the Board
- Conducts Oilseed Rape trials for Monsanto
- Conducts fertiliser trials in association with GrowHow
- Holds the FACTS qualification